At European Publishing we develop and invest in Research and Innovation Actions (RIA), including the development and facilitation of Open Science e-Access platforms and Open Data electronic platforms.
Open Science represents a new approach to the scientific process based on cooperative work and new ways of diffusing knowledge by using digital technologies and new collaborative tools. Open circulation of knowledge is one of the five priorities of the European Research Area (ERA) and one of the constituents of Responsible Research & Innovation (RRI). Among the open science trends, arguably the most fully developed from a policy perspective is open access to research outputs – particularly publications. However Open Data is less well developed than open access to publications, both conceptually and in terms of policy and practically within implementation but it is viewed by stakeholders as a critical component of open science.
Based on its bylaws, European Publishing engages in Research and Innovation Action (RIA) projects and provides services such as:
- Consultancy on RIA topics in Open Science
- Dissemination activities (eplatform development, website development, publication processing etc)
- Management coordination (timesheets, coordination of actions, reporting requirements etc)
Current Clients include
- the European Network For Smoking and Tobacco Prevention (ENSP), for the development of their guidelines in Treating Tobacco Dependence and the development of the eLearning programme.
- The secretariat of the World Health Organisation, Framework Convention for Tobacco Control (WHO-FCTC), for the development of their eLearning programme to aid reporting of FCTC Parties in their reporting obligations.